Staples

November 7, 2011

| | |

Do you have reading "staples"? I certainly do and I had always assumed that they were about the same as everyone else. My SIL and I were chatting about our favorite books growing up and she had not read two that were on my "favorites of all time" list. It made me wonder if there were other people who had not read  them...or if there were other people with "staples" that I have never read.

I of course made her read them...and she loved them...of course ;-)

Here are a few of my favs. I read them until their covers fell off growing up and I still read them once a year or so...just because they are wonderful.

Jacob Have I Loved by Katherine Paterson
I didn't have a sister but still somehow related to this book. Just love it. 

Of course Anne of Green Gables!

Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George

My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
I really wanted to give this a shot...

Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell

The Fledgling by Jane Langton
I dreamed of flight.

The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
I LOVE this book. Still do. Totally in love with Nat. Read it. Fall in love.

There a lot more...but this will do for now.

What were/are your staples? It's sharing time class ;-)

2 comments:

Jayne said...

More I haven't read! I've only read the first Anne book, and I ADORED it. I can't even say how many times I laughed right out loud. Why haven't I read all of them?

Also Witch of Black Bird Pond. Strange, right? I need to read that one.

Also, I have since recommended Jacob have I loved to others, that's how much I loved it!

Unknown said...

You will LOVE the rest of the Anne books! And the Emily series! Have you read that one? I have them. I'll get them to you.


And you haven't read Witch of Blackbird Pond?????? Oh my goodness this book is responsible for my hopeless romanticism. So good. I'll get you that one too :-)

Post a Comment