It's all about the kissing...sigh...

October 7, 2011

| | |
I'm constantly checking in with my Clean Reads group on Goodreads for new authors. Someone recently recommended Marcia Lynn McClure and I decided to give her a shot.

This is the one I ordered.
The Highwayman of Tanglewood (great title eh?)
A chambermaid in the house of Tremeshton, Faris Shayhan well knew torment, despair, and trepidation. To Faris it seemed the future stretched long and desolate before her-as bleak and dark as a lonesome midnight path. Still, the moon oft casts hopeful luminosity to light one's way. So it was that Lady Maranda Rockrimmon cast hope upon Faris-set Faris upon a different path-a path of happiness, serenity, and love. Thus Faris abandoned the tainted air at Tremeshton in favor of the amethyst sunsets of Loch Loland Castle and her new mistress, Lady Rockrimmon. Further, it was on the very night of her emancipation that Faris first met the man of her dreams-the man of every woman's dreams-the rogue Highwayman of Tanglewood. Dressed in black and astride his mighty steed, the brave, heroic, and dashing rogue Highwayman of Tanglewood stole Faris's heart as easily as he stole her kiss. Yet the Highwayman of Tanglewood was encircled in mystery-mystery as thick and as secretive as time itself. Could Faris truly own the heart of a man so thoroughly enveloped in twilight shadows and mysterious secrets. 
I loved it. 

Sweet, clean romances with lot's of adventure. Some reviews said that the books are a bit cheesy...but you won't mind, I promise. In fact, honestly, I'm a pretty cheesy person, so I like it :-)

And holy cow this woman know how to write the handsome, dashing hero who is the best kisser on the planet. 

Seriously. McClure's is known as the Queen of Kissing. And she deserves the title.  But the book is still totally non-offensive and clean. 

I liked this review:
Ok. This author is my favorite. I have read the majority of her books and I love them all. They are "clean romance". The kind you can read and still feel like you can chat with the pastor/bishop. This one is now my favorite of hers and- I hate to say it - The Highwayman has given Edward a run for his money. It's one of those "take me in your arms and kiss me" type of ones. So if your not in the mood for that - don't read this one. It was fabulous!!!

Yup, I'm addicted now. I will slowly be buying them all. If you want to borrow any, let me know...but be prepared for a new reading addiction.

0 comments:

Post a Comment